Results of the UK Statistics Authority People Survey 2011
One of the tools used to manage employee engagement in the Civil Service is the People Survey.
The 2011 People Survey is the third annual Civil Service-wide survey of staff attitudes and experiences of work. The survey was carried out in 97 organisations between 19 September and 21 October 2011.
The UK Statistics Authority had a completion rate of 81 per cent and our Employee Engagement Index (EEI) was calculated at 66 per cent, which places the Authority in the top 10 per cent of those organisations involved and also within the ‘High Performers’ category.
An EEI is calculated as a weighted average of responses to the following five key questions, with a higher score indicating a positive response:
- I am proud when I tell others I am part of [my organisation]
- I would recommend [my organisation] as a great place to work
- I feel a strong personal attachment to [my organisation]
- [My organisation] inspires me to do the best in my job
- [My organisation] motivates me to help it achieve its objectives
The UK Statistics Authority results include staff working in our Secretariat, Monitoring & Assessment and National Statistician's Office (NSO) teams.