The Chair of the UK Statistics Authority is Sir David Norgrove. David was appointed Chair of the Authority by Her Majesty the Queen in March 2017 following open competition, and with parliamentary approval.
Non-Executive members are appointed through open competition. The current Non-Executive members are:
- Ms Sian Jones (Deputy Chair)
- Professor Sir Ian Diamond FBA FRSE FAcSS
- Professor David Hand OBE FBA
- Professor Jonathan Haskel
- Dr David Levy
- Ms Nora Nanayakkara
- Professor Sir Adrian Smith FRS
- Professor Anne Trefethen FBCS FREng
The Authority has three executive members:
- John Pullinger, the National Statistician. The National Statistician is a Crown appointment as the Authority’s and the Government’s principal adviser on official statistics. The National Statistician is Head of the Government Statistical Service, and is also the Authority’s Chief Executive and Permanent Secretary.
- Ed Humpherson, the Director General for Regulation.The Director General for Regulation is a statutory post as the the Authority’s principal adviser on the assessment and reassessment of official statistics and their compliance with the Code of Practice for Statistics.
- One of the Office for National Statistics (ONS) Directors General on a rotational basis. This is currently Iain Bell (Deputy National Statistician for Population and Public Policy). The others are Jonathan Athow (Deputy National Statistician for Economic Statistics) and Heather Savory (Deputy National Statistician for Data Capability).
- Dame Colette Bowe DBE Non-Executive Director 1 April 2008 to 31 March 2018
- Dame Moira Gibb DBE Non-Executive Director 1 February 2008 to 31 January 2018
- Sir Andrew Dilnot CBE Chair 1 April 2012 to 31 March 2017
- Ms Carolyn Fairbairn Non-Executive Director 1 April 2013 to 30 September 2015
- Professor David Rhind Deputy Chair (Statistics System) 1 July 2012 to 30 June 2015
- Mr Partha Dasgupta Non-Executive Director 1 April 2008 to 30 June 2014
- Sir Jon Shortridge Non-Executive Director 1 February 2010 to 30 October 2012
- Lord David Rowe-Beddoe Deputy Chair (ONS) 1 April 2008 to 31 August 2012
- Sir Michael Scholar KCB Chair 1 April 2008 to 31 March 2012
- Professor Sir Roger Jowell CBE Deputy Chair (Statistics System) 11 November 2008 to 26 December 2011
- Professor Stephen Nickell CBE FBA Non-Executive Director 1 April 2008 to 31 October 2010
- Sir Alan Langlands FRSE Non-Executive Director 1 April 2008 to 12 April 2009