We are currently assessing the extent to which the following statistics produced by the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) meet the professional standards set out in the statutory Code of Practice for Official Statistics.
- Statutory Homelessness in England
- Homelessness Prevention and Relief England
- Rough Sleeping in England
These statistics can all be accessed on GOV.UK.
The Code of Practice covers a wide range of issues such as the quality of the statistics, their accessibility and the way that the producer body engages with users of the statistics. Capturing the views of users, and potential users, forms an important part of our judgment about the statistics, including how they could be improved. Feedback can be in any form, but it would be particularly helpful to us if you could structure your response around the following areas:
- Which of these statistics do you use, and for what purposes? Please be as specific as possible. For example, if you use the statistics to provide briefing and further analysis to others, it would be helpful to know what the end use is.
- Are the statistics of sufficient quality for your needs? How clear is the advice from DCLG about the strengths and limitations of the statistics? What further information would you like?
- Is the statistical commentary helpful to you? How could it be improved?
- How do you usually access the latest statistics, for example from GOV.UK, through the media etc? How could access be improved?
- If you have requested additional data or raised queries with DCLG about these statistics, or if the statisticians have sought your views about any aspect of the statistics, please tell us how well DCLG engaged with you.
- We welcome comments on any other aspect of these statistics which you think might be relevant to our assessment. For example, if you responded to the previous assessment of Statutory Homelessness in England in 2011, please tell us whether you feel that the points you raised have been addressed.
- We may want to contact you to discuss your views. Please indicate whether you are happy for us to do so, and provide contact details.
You may send your response via email to email@example.com or, if you would prefer to speak to the Assessment team, please call Jo Mulligan (01329 447700) or Oliver Tatum (01633 455848).
Alternatively, our postal address is:
Monitoring & Assessment Team
Statistics House, Cardiff Road
Newport, NP10 8XG
We look forward to receiving your comments by 14 August 2015.