We are currently assessing the extent to which the following statistics produced by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) meet the professional standards set out in the statutory Code of Practice for Official Statistics.
- National Insurance Number Allocations to Adult Overseas Nationals Entering the UK statistics
- Nationality at Point of NINO Registration of DWP Working-age Benefit Recipients statistics
The Code of Practice covers a wide range of issues such as the quality of the statistics, their accessibility and the way that the producer body engages with users of the statistics. Capturing the views of users, and potential users, forms an important part of our judgement about the statistics, including how they could be improved. Feedback can be in any form, but it would be particularly helpful to us if you could structure your response around the following areas:
- Which of these statistics do you use, and for what purposes? Please be as specific as possible. For example, if you use the statistics to provide briefing and further analysis to others, it would be helpful to know what the end use is.
- Are the statistics of sufficient quality for your needs? How clear is the advice from DWP about the strengths and limitations of the statistics? What further information would you like?
- Is the statistical commentary helpful to you? How could it be improved?
- How do you usually access the latest statistics, for example from DWP’s website, through the media, etc? How could access be improved?
- If you have requested additional data or raised queries with DWP about these statistics, or if the statisticians have sought your views about any aspect of the statistics, please tell us how well DWP engaged with you.
- We welcome comments on any other aspect of these statistics which you think might be relevant to our assessment. For example, if you responded to the previous assessment of these statistics in 2011, please tell us whether you feel that the points you raised have been addressed.
- We may want to contact you to discuss your views. Please indicate whether you are happy for us to do so, and provide contact details.
You may send your response via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or, if you would prefer to speak to the Assessment team, please call Donna Hosie (01329 447701) or Oliver Tatum (01633 455848).
Alternatively, our postal address is:
Monitoring & Assessment Team
We look forward to receiving your comments by 15 March 2016.