The Chair of the Committee wrote to Police and Crime Commissioners on 27 February 2013 (PDF) informing them of plans to provide guidance to support them and their teams on using crime and policing statistics. The guidance was published on 31 May 2013 and comprises the following:
- An overview of crime and policing statistics and advice for using these data publicly, aimed specifically at Police and Crime Commissioners and their national body, the Association of Police and Crime Commissioners
- Detailed technical descriptions and advice on the use, management and collection of crime statistics, for analysts working with Police and Crime Commissioners
- Advice on presenting and reporting crime statistics, targeted at media and communication teams working with Police and Crime Commissioners.
- Statistical guidance on crime and policing statistics (390.7 Kb PDF document)
- Statistical and analytical guidance on crime and policing statistics (875.8 Kb PDF document)
- Statistical guidance on crime and policing statistics – Communication and media (231.4 Kb PDF document)