We are currently assessing the extent to which the following statistics produced by the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) meet the professional standards set out in the statutory Code of Practice for Official Statistics.
The Code of Practice covers a wide range of issues such as the quality of the statistics, their accessibility and the way that the producer body engages with users of the statistics. Capturing the views of users, and potential users, forms an important part of our judgment about the statistics, including how they could be improved. Feedback can be in any form, but it would be particularly helpful to us if you could structure your response around the following areas:
- Which of these statistics do you use, and for what purposes? Please be as specific as possible. For example, if you use the statistics to provide briefing and further analysis to others, it would be helpful to know what the end use is.
- Are the statistics of sufficient quality for your needs? How clear is the advice from MoJ about the strengths and limitations of the statistics? What further information would you like?
- Is the statistical commentary helpful to you? How could it be improved?
- How do you usually access the latest statistics, for example from GOV.UK, through the media etc? How could access be improved?
- If you have requested additional data or raised queries with MoJ about these statistics, or if the statisticians have sought your views about any aspect of the statistics, please tell us how well MoJ engaged with you.
- We welcome comments on any other aspect of these statistics which you think might be relevant to our assessment.
- We may want to contact you to discuss your views. Please indicate whether you are happy for us to do so, and provide contact details.
You may send your response via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or, if you would prefer to speak to the Assessment team, please call Oliver Fox-Tatum (01633 45 5848) or Caroline Jones (01633 45 6734).
Alternatively, our postal address is:
Monitoring & Assessment Team
Statistics House, Cardiff Road
Newport, NP10 8XG
We look forward to receiving your comments by 16 October 2015.