We aim to enhance public confidence in the trustworthiness, quality and value of statistics produced by government.
- Our draft Vision statement sets out what we do and how we do it.
- Our Annual Review 2018/19 summarises our work over the last year. We have summarised this review in a blog, including a statement of how this review aligns with the three pillars of trustworthiness, quality and value.
- Our Business Plan and Regulatory Work Programme set out what we aim to do in 2019/20.
As part of our regulatory work programme we are beginning a review of the National Statistics designation, to find out how the designation is understood outside of official statistics.
Our main regulatory tools are:
You can find out more about what tools we use and why in our regulatory activity guide.
Our Policy and Standards team develops policies and standards related to the Code of Practice for Statistics that guide our regulatory work.
Our key policies include:
- Our regulatory approach
- Our publication policy,
- Our official statistics and National Statistics policies, and
- Our conflict of interest policy