We are currently assessing the extent to which the following statistics produced by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) meet the professional standards set out in the statutory Code of Practice for Statistics.
The Code of Practice is a regulatory framework based on the trustworthiness, quality and value of statistics. Capturing the views of users, and potential users, forms an important part of our judgment about the statistics, including their strengths and how they could be improved.
We would very much welcome your feedback about these statistics, either by email or telephone. Also, if you think there are other user groups we should be talking to about these statistics, please let us know.
- What kind of questions are you answering? Are you interested in these statistics at UK level as a comparison?
- How do you usually access the latest statistics or data, for example, from NISRA’s website, or from other media?
- What key improvements you would like to see made to the publication?
- Are the statistics at a level of quality that meets your needs (in the context of how you want to use them)?
- How clearly are the statistics presented and does the statistical commentary provide helpful insights for you?
- Have you raised queries with NISRA about these statistics, or have they sought your views about changes or improvements to the statistics? How did they engage?
We welcome comments on any other aspect of these statistics, which you think might be relevant to our assessment.
It may be useful for us to share your comments with ONS to enable them to take account of your views. Please could you advise if you are happy for us to pass your comments and contact details on?
You may send your response via email to the regulation team or, if you would prefer, to speak to the assessment team please call Lewis Jack (01329 447710) or Oliver Fox-Tatum (01633 455 848).