We are currently assessing the extent to which the following statistics produced by Welsh Government meet the professional standards set out in the statutory Code of Practice for Statistics.
The Code of Practice is a regulatory framework based on the trustworthiness, quality and value of statistics. Capturing the views of users, and potential users, forms an important part of our judgment about the statistics, including their strengths and how they could be improved.
We would very much welcome your feedback about these statistics, either by email or telephone. Also, if you think there are other user groups we should be talking to about these statistics, please let us know.
- Which of the statistics or datasets do you use, and for what purposes? Please be as specific as possible.
- Are the statistics or datasets published at a level of quality that meets your needs in the context of how you want to use them? How clear is the advice from Welsh Government about the strengths and limitations of the statistics?
- How clearly are the statistics presented and does the statistical commentary provide helpful insights for you? How could it be improved?
- How do you usually access the latest statistics or data, for example, from the Welsh Government website or from other media? How could access be improved?
- If you have requested additional data or raised queries with the Welsh Government about these statistics, or if the statisticians have sought your views about changes or improvements to the statistics, please tell us how well the statisticians engaged with you.
- We welcome comments on any other aspect of these statistics which you think might be relevant to our assessment.
- It will be useful for us to share your comments with the Welsh Government to enable them to take account of your views. Please could you tell us whether or not you consent for us to pass your comments and contact details on?
You may send your response via email to the regulation team or, if you would prefer to speak to a member of the assessment team, please contact Catherine Bremner (01633 455420) or Chris Davies (01633 657240).
We look forward to receiving your comments by 22 February 2019.